HOA likes the way i mow..

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Lawn-Sharks, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

I was finishing up one of my accounts that i have in this Sub-division and a member of the HOA walked up and starting talking to me about how they been watching me (creepy) and how some of the other LCO's that mow there are not complying with their rules??? So the gentlemen asked if it was OK for him to put my info in their news letter as their recommendation for a quality lawn company...:) I said yes and thank you very much! He replied we have had a few problems with some of the other companies not blowing their clipping back into the yards, and we noticed that when you leave a yard it's almost like no one was their, except the yard looks groomed... I thanked the man and got back to work. But i thought i would share this with you because it means a lot to me knowing that other people notice and admire my work.

100_1477.jpg

2. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

Impressive I must say, the yard looks like a real nice cut laid down, looks real manicured and very professional.

That must make you feel pretty good.

Maybe he will ask for you to do give him some more bids on other hoa's.

Good Work.

3. Lawn-Sharks

Thanks! I am going to try to get in on the common grounds, as soon as it come back up for bid.

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

That has got to be the first striped Florida yard I have seen on here. Looks good, real good!

I have heard St. Aug. can be striped but never knew it could look that good in our area. Great job man.

5. Lawn-Sharks

Thank you Sir.

6. LawnPro19

LawnPro19 LawnSite Senior Member

blow clippings back into the yard??? wow customers would freak around here if we blew clippings back into the yard.. but i guess whatever it takes to keep them happy!!

7. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice work. I haven't seen Augustine striped like that before.

BTW, most LCOs blow the grass back up on the lawn. It can't even be seen at least when I do it.

8. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Please don't say you blow your stuff in the road. If you aren't blowing your debris back on the lawn, then what are you doing with it? Do you bag?

Nice job Shark! I can get some decent stripes on Bahia but not on St. Augustine. They just don't stay on the lawn for more than a couple of hours and then they are gone.

9. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

if i use my tthp i can leave stripes for about 2 weeks in some st augustine and centipede lawns...cut at about 2-3"...i use the proslide though...it really works great for stripes.

looks good lawn sharks.

10. LawnPro19

LawnPro19 LawnSite Senior Member

honestly we do mostly blow in the street then pick up or there is usually somewhere to hide the grass but we absolutely never blow back on to a freshly cut lawn... now we do use walkers but still no blowing back onto a fresh lawn i dont even want anyone walking on the grass after it is cut my guys know what needs swinging and detailing so they go ahead of the mower which i usually dont recommend but they been doing it long enough they know where everything is so by the time i roll off of that lawn nothing are no one goes back on it... ill post some action shots so you guys can get an idea