HOA's, best way to find them

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Branchland, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

What is the best way you've been able to find out who is on the HOA board and who to talk to? Is there a state list? I've just been stoping in a neighborhood and asking somebody who to talk to. Is there a better / easier way?

2. Pape's Landscape

Pape's Landscape LawnSite Member

Do yourself a favor and stay away from them.
    The politics and bull ***t are not worth it. :angry:

Steve

3. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

They will likely register some sort of entity (corp, LLC, etc.) with your secretery of state, so if you can do a search of those records for things containing HOA or homeowners, etc. you can develop a list. However, that will lead you to a registered agent, who will need to be contacted to find the name of a board president, then you'll have to determine where it is in relation to your accounts, whether or not they have community common grounds, etc. So I'd say you're already using the most efficient method. When you see a group of homes that look like they're sharing grounds, you stop, you ask and you've spent a lot less time and energy getting the same information.

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<Table width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><TR><TD><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></TD></TR></Table>

Hi Branchland,

Do you know anyone who lives in the area of the HOA? Do you know any local realtors? Asking around should help you get to the president fairly fast.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Make your own logo Free.</center>

5. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i found out about some hoa by going to my citys website it has every hoa listed with contact and phone numbers.

6. LibFinServ

LibFinServ LawnSite Member

Scan the yellow pages for 'property management' companies. Remember most homeowners associations utilize a property management firm. The best property management firm will manage the more lucrative accounts!

Their is bull in any situation. Rise above your competition and learn to deal with the 'bull' tactfully.