1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

hole in the yard.

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by DowntoEarthLLC, May 23, 2004.

1. DowntoEarthLLC

DowntoEarthLLC LawnSite Member
    from VA

Customer has about a 10 x 4 kidney shaped pond in her yard. Well its really just a hole in the yard with some rocks and plants around it. No liner, the soil is very clayey, I think thats the only reason it holds water. It has no electrical out , no pumps, filters, any of that stuff. Just a hole, with a lot of mud and debri in it. Frogs love it.

She wants to "spiffy" it up.

Can I put some gold fish in there to help with the mosquitos? will they need some sort of water movement?

Umbrella plants and some water lillies I was thinking of putting in the pond. Maybe just turn it into some sorty of bog garden...

I haven't done to much with ponds... any suggestions?

Whats the going rate for pond clean ups and stuff
  2. Moe Fish

Moe Fish LawnSite Member
    from Fla

I am no expert at all but 10x4 does not seem that big to me. I would pump it out and put in a liner to keep the clay mud out of it. A few gold fish should do ok without a pump heck a goldfish bowl does not have a pump. Some water plants should help at O2 back in the pond

A pic sure would help