Hole in Ultra Vac inpeller cover

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Blessed 1, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a hole starting on my Ultra Vac plastic cover about 2" from the tip of the dicharge chute right at the bend. I only have 30-40 hrs on the vac unit that I purchased last May. Is this normal? Is it a fix for this other than replacing this $100 plus cover?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Blessed1,

Thanks for the post. I bounced this off our engineering team and this is something we've seen in your area.

What they've been able to determine is that the type of sand (high concentration of silica) is extremely abrasive. The wear can't be eliminated but it can be reduced.

The best thing to do is switch to the low lift blade and raise your cutting height as high as the conditions will allow. This will help reduce the amount of sand the deck is picking up and discharging into the boot. This is also important because over time the sand can cause wear to the housing and the impellor blade as well.

Thanks

Terry

3. Blessed 1

What are the rules on this as far as the warranty is concerned?

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Blessed1,

Rules for warranty? The rules are actually pretty strict if you read the "letter of the law" on the warranty. That's why we don't always go by the "rules".

The warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship. The key is defects. A warranty is designed to ensure that if a product was not build to the manufacturerÂ’s specifications that you as a consumer will have that product repaired or replaced at the manufacturers discretion. So often a warranty is looked at as a guarantee which isn't what it is really intended for.

In your case the abrasion caused by the sand isn't a defect. It's a problem caused by an isolated condition with in your region. Like I said that's why we don't always follow the rules.

Send me an e-mail to terry.eckert@exmark.com with your model number, serial number, name, address/phone number as well as your dealer information and I'll talk to our warranty administrator to see what if anything we can do.

Thanks

Terry

5. Blessed 1

Thanks for the info. My dealer told me they would take care of it. Thanks Again.