Holes in the ground???

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by onemancrew, Mar 26, 2003.

1. onemancrew

onemancrew LawnSite Member
    from tn. #7

My niece is have some holes appear in a landscape area. There about 2" in diameter. I told her that i thought they were frogs, sience i"d seen this once last year doing a job. She filled them with water & nothing happened. Now that this has been brought to my attention i'm seeing them in several places?? HELP!!! Moles or what???:blob2:

2. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you got real wet ground? It's crawdads. That's how this place got it's name. We have a lot of them.
    Only one way to get rid of them. Put little pieces of chewing tobbacco down in the holes. The crawdads will get a hold of it. When they come up to spit, whack 'em with a shovel.
    Crawdad ;)

3. bommaritro

bommaritro LawnSite Member

Ron throws a little bit of chew into crawdads hole and waits for him to come out to spit. Ron thinks to himself this is gonna be one big roast tonight :D :D

All kidding aside not sure what is causing the holes I just could pass up the chance to take a wack at Crawdad.

Ron

4. crawdad

Are you talkin ta me?

5. onemancrew

from tn. #7

No, it's very dry, i'm very sure it's not crawdads. I grew up catching those things all the time.

6. crawdad

Take some pictures of the holes. We'll figure it out.
    Crawdad

7. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I heard aliens were getting bored of the ol' crop dusting. Maybe just something new. :alien:

8. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

How deep are the holes? See how far a stick will go in, but then again if they curve then you cant tell anyway. How many holes and how far apart are they? Is this property right near a wooded area?

9. onemancrew

from tn. #7

It is right be the driveway. very busy area. It is some what wooded area. I think there too big for insects.

10. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Moles or ground hogs?

Bunnies?

Gary