Holiday Bright Lights- Anybody Else a Member?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by PlantscapeSolutions, Sep 19, 2010.

1. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I shelled out $1500 and became a Holiday Bright Lights Member last year. I decorated my house and two of my customers spent $2500 each. I wanted to hear from anyone else who is on board with Holiday Bright Lights or any other members only lighting company.

2. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

how about a web link? I've never heard of it and am getting interested in Christmas lighting

3. nwilson

nwilson LawnSite Member

Not a member, but am interested in doing holiday lighting. What do you get for the $1500? Does that include any product, or just the privilege to purchase from them? What does basic C7 or C9 lighting sell for in your area to the customer - installed?

4. PlantscapeSolutions

5. PlantscapeSolutions

My $1500 came with just a bunch of catalogs. There are different packages you can buy that cost more and come with product. I didn't want to get stuck with product I didn't want so I just stuck with the basics to get started.

I'm trying to only do LED lights because they are so much easier to power up. I had 1000' of LED tree lights running on one outlet. For C7 LED's I charged $2.50 ft for the flower beds. I'm going to start a Plantscape Solutions thread and post some pics.

6. nwilson

nwilson LawnSite Member

Wow, I would have thougt for 1500, you would get some products. I understand you not wanting something that you can't move. They have a nice, professional website with lots of products displayed. The LED is a good idea, I know that they are more money up front, but your right - your power usage is less, and you can put more lights per circuit. Plus, the LED's look cool! Would the $2.50 be a decent point to price LED's for roof lines, eaves, and etc or just ground work?

7. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

is it just me or do most of the links on their page not work???

8. PlantscapeSolutions

One of the lighting places charges $9000 to get on board. This place is about as cheap as it gets. Half the stuff the no membership required places sell is crap or it's over priced.

9. PlantscapeSolutions

Here are some lighting pics. The smaller house is mine of course. I also have a close up of my Noble Fire tree I purchased. The fake tree's look great they come with lights and the whole tree is in four pieces. You don't have to put every limb on like most fake tree's.

If you like down south the Live Oak trunks look good wrapped because they bend and twist. We wrapped the other tree's as well because it's where the money is at. The tree's used 1190' of LED lights and they were all plugged into the same outlet. Both of these jobs were about $2000.

The install on the tree's was $500 and take down was $175. On the other large house the install was $225 to install and $125 to take it down. I think this year I'll up the install to $300. I charge $78 to store the stuff in my shop.

House & Yard LED Lights.jpg

LED Live Oaks.jpg

LED Tree Lights.jpg

My House.jpg

Noble- Close.jpg

10. onebreezer

onebreezer LawnSite Member

I started with HBL last year. And did two jobs. The products are pricey but of the highest quality. The most important thing u get for your $1500 aside from a lot of written materials is fantastic customer support.