Holiday Gifts for Clients

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by eskerlite, Dec 19, 2006.

1. eskerlite

eskerlite LawnSite Member

Does anyone give thier clients a gift fot the holidays? For 44 years we have been giving a bottle of fine wine to each customer we serviced that year. If you plan to give wine, research the wine You buy. For the past 3 years ive given Blackstone Merlot. A highly rated wine for about 10.00 a bottle and cheaper by the case. I put them in a holiday foil and a bow with my card attached. Clients always comment about how thoughtful it was we gave the wine and how good it was.Try it.
    Sean C.http://www.dbcurraninc.com

2. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

We choose one of four things. Most customers get a holiday card. Some will get poinsettias. Commercial clients usually get a cheese and sausage basket. Sometimes we also give out gift cards for our retail store. Holiday gifts are a good way to put your name in front of the client at a time when they normally don't think about landscape work.

3. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

thought about it in the past. We have given stuff like gift cards to go eat and such for refferals.

Currently giving T shirts with installs but like the calendar idea and also some of other above mentioned ideas

4. High Performance Lighting

High Performance Lighting LawnSite Senior Member
    from So Cal

Hey Sean,

You weren't even born 44 yrs ago. Your old man has good taste but not all of us have the high end clentele (politicians and movie stars alike) like you to warrant a $10 bottle of vino. To the paupers I service I give a pack of milk duds and hope for the best. If they don't like it then too bad no milk duds for them next yr.

Mike G

5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

We gave 1 pound Sees Candies this year to all residential but 2 which received a night at a bed and breakfast. (big time spenders and down to earth attitudes always compliment) Commercial accounts got cards except for local owners which received 50 giftcert to a nice local resteraunt. Total spent was little less than 500. I will more than make it up in keeping every one of them. That and it is the right thing to do for good customers.
    I hate the calander Idea. I have so many stinking calanders come to me that i end up keeping the first one and tossing the rest. I think most are the same.
    I have thought of the Wine thing. We have a ton of vineyards and can even get them to special label a bottle for you at a dollar extra per bottle min 5 cases(60 bottles).

6. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I think we have spent about 1300 on gifts to clients this year. We have a rotation based on years of service.
    1. 1st year a live wreath that Cub Scouts sell 18.00
    2. 2nd year a Gnome named Henk with a story 35.00 (Story below)
    3. 3rd year Flower globe 12.00-18.00 You put cut flowers into a liner then add water and the lid turn it over and its like a snow globe only with flowers.
    4. 4th year bulb arrangements from white flower farms.
    Jewish clients go straight to bulbs and the bulbs vary in price from 35.00 on the low end to over 100.00 depending on the clients spending habits. I usually have the bulbs arrive after the first because during the holidays they are getting sooo much stuff you could deliver a gold bar and no one would notice.

Here is the letter that arrives before Henk.

Christmas is a time to give gifts to those we appreciate. Deciding what to give can often be a daunting task, do I take the easy way out and give a fruit basket or plant, or do I try to raise the bar, be a little creative. Well, for you, our valued client, we went the extra mile, and have hired you your own personal Garden Guardian, Henk the Garden Gnome. Now don't expect to receive a neatly wrapped box with a cute bow. No, Gnomes are serious about their work! They will be coming directly to your home from their respective home in the Netherlands. Keep an eye out for Henk as Gnomes are stealthy creatures and keep a low profile, but are constantly moving throughout the garden searching for those who would bring harm to your garden or pets. Gnomes are 7 times stronger than a man, can run up to 35 miles per hour, and their sight is better than a hawk. These abilities help the Gnome protect your Garden. So, Merry Christmas to you and your family and rest easy knowing your garden is being protected by Henk, the Garden Gnome*.

*As an employee of The Gardener Henk is entitled to full benefits - Medical, Dental, 401-K, 2 Weeks Paid Vacation, Direct Deposit and Sam's Club Membership.

The guys move Henk around the garden throughout the year and everyone has a lot of fun with it.

7. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Mike I have seen some of your work and may actually have a job for you in thousand oaks at my Aunts new home. Looks to me like your clientel deserves more than milk duds thats for sure. Some stunning work on your site sir! Kudos

8. High Performance Lighting

High Performance Lighting LawnSite Senior Member
    from So Cal

thanks Billy, Thousand Oaks is in my backyard. I'm booking work for late March/early April right now so have her contact me sooner than later if she so desires to have the work done this spring. (www.Gambinolighting.com)
    You are right I am very fortunate to have the clientele that I do and I never take them for granted.

Mike G

9. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I got two great presents from my insurance agent today. ;) A Harry and David fruit box and a subscription to AZ Highways magazine. I would conservatively guess 40.00 worth of booty for me for a change. :clapping: I'm beginning to fear my new yearly insurance quote though. :cry:

10. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

That Harry and David Stuff isn't cheap. I think their fruit baskets start at 25 for 6 stinking pears and go up from there.