%@!# Holiday Lawn Ornaments

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by paponte, Oct 8, 2003.

1. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Oh man, what a pain in the but! Does anyone else have customers that just totally overdue their lawn decorating for EVERY season? I think I am going to start charging extra every time they decorate. I mean these people just scatter things over their whole lawn. It makes it an obstacle course to mow, and just kills the guy weedwacking. :angry:
  2. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

You want to see over done Halloween ornaments? Check out my front yard: Here.
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

so what do your neighbors say about that halloween setup? I have to say it's a great setup
  4. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

If it's excessive, I just mow a big circle around all the junk and don't worry about it. So far no complaints.
  5. mtdman

Most of them stay away, keep their distance. People aren't quite sure what to think. Last year a few little kids didn't even want to come up for trick or treating because they were scared.

We just moved into a new house in the spring, so the new neighbors haven't seen it yet. Some are going to be a bit shocked.

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

LOL, I would love to see the new neighbors faces

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

I have one client that does that, but they are in the lawn in such a way that I have to pull them all out or i cant mow at all.. Pain.... THey have one of those giant blow up dolls of frankinstein that covers one whole section and then hands, and grave stones, etc all over the place.. I just take 5 mins and pull the all out and pile them on the front steps... Then next week have to do it all again... ughhh....
  8. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I think campaign signs are worse.......
  9. mtdman

I'll take pictures!

10. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

i was lucky to only have 2 customers like that this year.one of them moves there stuff off the lawn every tuesday before i come.the other customer i just drive around everything and trim as best i can