Holiday Lighting Ideas

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by clayslandscape, Oct 6, 2012.

1. clayslandscape

clayslandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I have a customer that wants me to decorate the exterior of their home this Christmas. I am not sure how it should do so. She is in a very nice, classy neighborhood. She has a pristine lawn with a white vinyl fence backing the property. She currently has landscape lighting on the front of the house as well. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

photo (32).JPG

photo (33).JPG

2. clayslandscape

Any ideas?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. christmas79

christmas79 LawnSite Member

I would outline the peaks with C9's and some of the front trees, I would wrap the trunks with mini lights.

4. clayslandscape

So you are saying go around the entire roofline around the house?

5. christmas79

christmas79 LawnSite Member

I would do the front and maybe one side of the house the garage area?

6. addictedtolandscaping

addictedtolandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Roof lines including ridges, wreath in the center of the gable over the window, garland on the fence and pillar, mini in the shrubs.

7. clayslandscape

Would you do any spot lighting on the house or let the landscape lighting be it? What do you mean by garland on the pillar? Would you put minis on all the shrubs? There are 14 shrubs.

8. addictedtolandscaping

addictedtolandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Do not spot light it. It will create a hos spot, and take away both from their landscape lighting as well as your holiday lighting.

9. clayslandscape

I appreciate all your help! Would you put the C9's around the roofline as well as the peaks of the roof?

On another hand, Is there a program that will show you what christmas lighting could possibly look like on a house?

10. clayslandscape

Here are some pictures from last years christmas.. Tell me what you would do differently.. Since these have been taken, new landscape lighting has been installed.

photo (34).JPG

photo (35).JPG

photo (36).JPG