Holiday Lighting Supplier

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by joburnet, Oct 6, 2004.

1. joburnet

joburnet LawnSite Member

Do any of your guys who do Holiday lighting know of a good supplier?

Right now I am using Litesource, but was displeased with the mini-lights they sent me, time it took for my orders to arrive and all around pricing I think could be much better.

I went to Target the other day and they had very high quality mini lights for sale for prices I was willing to pay especially since it means I won't have to maintain an inventory, but I suspect I'd tank their shelf supply pretty quickly.

Thanks a lot!

-Chris

2. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Have you ever looked in the back of one of those stores? Geez, I swear the three months back in 95 that I worked for the local Wally World during Christmas, there were lights coming out of sealed boxes that had the previous year on the shipper. Believe me... if you tank their supply in two days, the next day, they'll have a full shelf again. Why don't you try to get with the manager of your store and see if they could swing you a deal on a large purchase? Surely chain stores like Target, Wal-Mart and others get their lights in a quantity that somebody could help you out on a large, guranteed purchase.

3. joburnet

joburnet LawnSite Member

beransfixitinc,

Thats a fantastic idea. I will definitely look into that in the next few days.

-Chris

4. BladeRunner1967

BladeRunner1967 LawnSite Member

Jo---better yet you might want to try Home Depot or Lowe's. I don't know the quality of lights they receive, but those company's are more willing to give you a discount on quantity before a Wal Mart or Target. Go to the commercial sales desk and ask them. Those guys are not on commision, but they have quota's to make and usually are willing to hit a manager up for you. I supervise a Pro Desk in a Home Depot and would be willing to give someone a discount on quantity of lights. I'm sure others would too. Thanks.

5. Flyscaper

Flyscaper LawnSite Member
    from USA

Chris,

This is the supplier we use ActionLighting.com. We buy are c7-c9 on a spool (1000ft) each. Your going to save a little money plus its alot faster to put up at the job site. I have a couple of other websites if your intrested just PM or email me @ ShaunPatrickLandscaping@msn.com

Shaun