1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Holiday Tips

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by PYMLscape, Nov 27, 2006.

1. PYMLscape

PYMLscape LawnSite Member

Thanks for everyone's input re: Stolen Work.

Now a new question (just curious) How many of you get holiday tips from customers?

Anything unusual, say a huge amount of $$ or funny, like an old, regifted fruitcake?

Just wondering.
  2. firefightergw

firefightergw LawnSite Gold Member
    from Texas

Just Christmas Cards. I wish I did get some $ as tips though.
  3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I have one residential account that gives me a $50 gift card to Outback or something like that every year. Other than that, it's hit or miss each year.:)
  4. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

My guys do really well foreman will get between 1-2K leadmen and long time labors will get a couple hundred. Plus tons of goddies.
  5. firefightergw

firefightergw LawnSite Gold Member
    from Texas

From your customers? Wow!:laugh: :laugh:
  6. parkeeee

parkeeee LawnSite Member

First year. I don't expect anything.
  7. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

not from the tightwads I service. I have only received one tip while working in the past 3 years and it was earlier this fall from a one-time job in a city I don't normally work in.
  8. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

I get $25-100 from most customers. I do have a customer that I got this year and he has been know to give people that do work for him crazy stuff like the one guy got a new 60" tv. I can't wait! He bought his girl friend a BMW X3 3.0lt for her b-day and they broke up and she got to keep it too.
  9. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

sounds like its time to start servicing that other city lol
  10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

That's really good. Speaks volumes about your company, your customers must be pleased.