holiday

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2 man crew, Feb 19, 2002.

1. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

Who is working on the holidays this year?

Labor Day, Independence Day Memorial Day. We have always worked the holidays in the past. Memorial Day and Independence Day is going to be an issue this year. I think we are going to take it off and cut on Saturday if it rains. What are you people going to do? And did you work on the holidays in the past?

2. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

Those are paid vacation days here... our guys cry if they have to work on those days...

3. JeffK

JeffK LawnSite Member

2 man,

Check your private messages !

JeffK

4. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

Paid holidays!

5. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

I'm pretty much solo, but will be taking those days off unless it I am incredibly behind. Those are lake days to spend with family and friends.

I will gladly put in longer days before and after to take those days off.

6. LawnLad

LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member

We work 4 day weeks when there are holidays. We just don't do much extra work in these weeks. We front load our schedules, so the end of the week is light. With a holiday, we don't have much trouble shifting around the cutting days for the crews. I guess it's just a matter of scheduling and priorities. I know the guys appreciate having the time off and not feeling as if they have to make up for it - otherwise, it wouldn't be time off.

7. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Paid Holidays Mr. Simon Legree!!!
    Clients want to enjoy friends/family!
    Employees need time to relax/unwind.

Bob

8. My son will be helping this year. So I may finally be able to schedule days off this year.
    Grass growth always takes priority here. 5 day spring rotation.
    I celebrate the holidays/birthdays, etc. I just don't take all day doin' it.
    I earn more keepin' the lawns up then I do catchin' them up.

Dave

9. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We work whether it rains, sleets or snows! Oh wait thats the post office. We work 5-6 days a week all summer season holidays included! and winter you work whenever it snows or rains for plowing or sanding! If its snows on Christmas all my employees work!!!!!!!!! We are almost all commercial and we are paid well for this type of service and we pay all our employees very well and they like there work and never had any complaints. We are a commercial maintenance service company that is open (on cell phone 7 days a week all year round. We give our employees 2 weeks vacation, 3 sick days and 2 personal days. What gives us our edge over the local competion is our customers know they can contact whomever is on call and have the problem fixed asap whether its a contract or emergency service! But like I said all our employees get up to one month off so that and there pay more then makes up for a couple of holidays. (I do belive though we did take off fathers day and another though last year> But during winter plowing season they still get the same salary as summer and work mabey at most 5 days a week sometimes only 1 day so they can make out well.