1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Holidays and your cilent base.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by 6'7 330, Nov 4, 2005.

1. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

With the holiday season is just around the corner,this might be a good question to ponder. We have Muslim, Jewish and Christian, clients we do business with, no Hindu’s , we refuse to do business with them.So, if you send out holiday cards to your client base , do you send a holiday card out saying happy holidays, or do you send all clients regardless of cultural considerations, a Christmas card.

I would question the blanket Christmas card approach,as bad business if you have a multi-cultural client base.
  2. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Happy Holidays for me avoids any unnecessary problems.
  3. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

no cards... just a fruit basket. :p
  4. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

as much as I hate it, we send "Happy Holiday" cards. We also give each year 'round customer a large pointsettia
  5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i give them all a kick in the azz with thier bill in december. this way, nobody gets insulted
  6. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

ebenezer gedd:cool2:
  7. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

happy holiday's so we dont offened anyone
  8. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

I am working on getting a picture together with me in a Santa costume and my guys in Elf costumes. I am gonna sit on the cab of my truck with reins in my hands and have the guys in the bed surrounded by gift wrapped cardboard boxes. the only problem I am having is getting 8 plastic reindeer cheap. if I can get it done, I will send this to my customers saying happy holidays.
    humorous and memorable.
  9. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

Merry Christmas.

"Happy Holidays" is for the gutless.
  10. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I'm hoping to mail mine out over the weekend so they get to the customer early, in honor of "Customer Appreciation Week" That'll show 'em I care :D