1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Holidays? work or not

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by allenoutdoor, May 22, 2005.

1. allenoutdoor

allenoutdoor LawnSite Member

With Memorial Day coming up, do you guys work or not. If so, would you cut a condominium complex or residential. I don't want to piss anyone off, but I don't want to get behind either. In the past, I've cut parks or commercial properties, but those accounts don't fall on Monday this year. Any input would be helpful.
  2. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Everyone wil be home in a condo complex, I'm sure they don't want to hear a loud mower on their holiday. If the weather forcast looks good for the rest of the week, take a day off, i"m sure you deserve it.
  3. We won't be working, just rest and relaxation.
  4. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Id mow it, I know around here a lot of companys will be working atleast half a day. Why not do it sunday or saturday instead?
  5. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I only do residential now so no, not on holidays. When I used to do commercial, I would always cut on holidays to get them out of the way and not get behind.
  6. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think I would do any resedential accounts on a Holiday. Commercials I wouldn't worry about.

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

If The sun is shining we will be working , We take our holidays when its raining or in the winter time .
  8. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Why dont you take mondays schedule and switch it with the one where you do commercial accounts and then swicth back??
  9. 021462

021462 LawnSite Member

If you can catch up and take the day off, do so. If you can't, then do what you gotta do!
  10. gogetter

gogetter Banned