Holly Poop

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lakesidecutter, Jan 7, 2008.

1. lakesidecutter

lakesidecutter LawnSite Member

Yesterday I started getting calls for leaf clean up due to the MO weather we having. The guy says it should be a quick job due to the size of the yard. When I arrived I see the 6 foot privacy fence in the backyard. After evaluating the front yard and inspecting all the beds I open the gate and see nothing but leaves and poop piles. It was so bad you could not even walk through the yard without stepping in poop. Every bed, the area around the swing set, and the sand box was covered in BIG DOG POOP and leaves. Needless to say I had to break the bid into pet waste and leaves. I only wish I had a camera. What is sad is this yard at one time had been completely landscaped with tons of beds and landscaping in the backyard. What a waste.

2. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Just run over it then clean off your wheels in his driveway with his hose. :)

3. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Ha! Ive done that only I washed my mower off on their back porch! The gross thing is that they didnt notice or care....they keep several big dogs in the house. I can only imagine what the inside of their house smells like.:dizzy:

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I never would do jobs like that.

5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I do ones like that from time to time. I carry a garden hose in the tool box just for that reason.

6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I wouldn't have done the poop yard.

7. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Depending on my mood I would either overbid it like crazy or just explain to him that I can not do the job until it is cleaned up sufficiently.

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I never did them for one main reason...

People like this don't care about their lawn and they are not looking for a professional service provider.

What they want is a s#it shoveler to clean up the mess now that it's unbearable.

9. mattmus4357

mattmus4357 LawnSite Member

I had a customer that had two GIANT dalmations and she wanted me to pick up the dog poop before I mowed. I had to explain to her that I mow lawns not pick up poop.

10. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Your example is worse that what I arrived at last year.

It was half as bad. Fortunately, it was pruning and there was a perimeter area to walk around with limbs.

It was a Shar Pei

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shar_Pei

Sometimes its due to owners feeding dogs too much.

We clean after our Rottwieller, but even if we didn't, it wouldn't be very bad.

Leaving full dog bowls all the time is not as good as rationing.