HOLLY S$^% TruGreen-Chemlawn Ripoff!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pilotcoplawnboy, Oct 19, 2004.

1. pilotcoplawnboy

pilotcoplawnboy LawnSite Member

When I got home from aerating some yards I had this on my door from TruGreen-Chemlawn. My yard is a .25 acre. Talking about a complete ripoff.

ripoff.JPG

2. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

What is so bad about that price? When you say a quarter acre, do you mean around 10-12,000 sq. ft. My price would be in that ballpark.

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I believe what he is comparing that price to is that "most" NC LCO's where he (and I) are at the least me and the ones I know would be at around $75-$100 for the same service for his size lot.

4. pilotcoplawnboy

I plugged my yard in less than 20 minutes when I seeded. My whole lot is around a .25 acre. Not the whole lot is grass. I was quoted by a local lawn service for $50.00. I usually charge my clients $45.00. I guess I need to up my charge. (Next Year) This is a picture of my yard The back is a reverse piethat is about 75' deep.

tnhouse.jpg

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

That's cheap!!! Aerating alone would be that much, they are doing a "free overseeding" for that price too!.

6. pilotcoplawnboy

The "FREE" seeding came with the purchase of the home. I guess the price of aerating varies with the territory you live in. $141.00 to aerate my yard is overkill!

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

What did you use, and how mnay passes did you make in that 20 minutes?.

8. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

If companies dont raise prices, prices will never rise . The price is not a ripoff , it is simply higher . I personally charge an average of 25 % more than my competition , because the market will bear it and I wish to make more money . The most common mistake I see in businesses is that people UNDER price themselves. If you can get more money go for it . Why work 7 days for the same money you can make in 4 days .

9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i'm confused. the true green guy is NOT selling the seeding? only the aeration? i'd still get around $200 to aerate the place.

10. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I went to a prospective customers house the other day to quote spray program. (unhappy with chemlawn) he asked what I would charge to plug and seed. Measured it....17000 sf. I told him 375 plus fertilization.

He said TG/CL did it for 240, including the fert. Maybe I should hire out TG/CL to do my seeding and plugging from now on and add some on top for me.