Holy Cow Rain In Sw Ohio

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by rcreech, Aug 20, 2007.

1. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

We are at 1.8 inches right now and they are calling for a lot more...even flooding for some areas!

WHOOHHHHH HOOOHHHH!

The good Lord has blessed us and life should get back to normal back here in the deep woods of SW Ohio!

This will show us how many lawns (or parts) are gone and not coming back!

Expecting a lot of them!

2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Congrats dude -- it's about time you guys got a break. Like you said....only time will tell what areas will recover. Hope they're mowing high.

3. elshauno

elshauno LawnSite Member

Yes the rain is very nice. I was getting pretty nervous there for a minute. Only mowed 2 properties last week. Hopefully everything will need it this week.

4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

elshauno,

Where are you located in SW OH?

I am close to the Eaton area!

5. elshauno

elshauno LawnSite Member

I'm in Kettering near Centerville. I was down at Toms Mulchin Bellboork earlier and the radar looked like it was all going to go North thank God we got some rain

6. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

elahauno,

I hear ya! It looked like it was going totally North.

You guys are in a lot better shape then us. We have only had about 1.8" from late April until now.

Just think we got more rain today than we have gotten in the past four months!

My uncle has a tree business over your way! Ever heard of Town and Coutry that is owned by Jim Cundiff?

7. elshauno

elshauno LawnSite Member

I haven't heard of his company myself. Wow 1.8 inches of rain that does suck Well sell seed jobs thats about all you can do unless your yards are irrgated