Holy cow. Redmax blower!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Sharks, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Lawn Sharks

Lawn Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Went to a local dealer to pick up some spare parts and they had a Redmax model 8001 I think it was. I picked it up and the thing weighed a ton! Hate to have to throw that on my back all day. I am sure these things can take paint off a house but I have yet to meet a job that my lowly Echo PB-603 can't handle.

Do you have to lift weights to qualify for buying one of these behemoths? Is it just me or is the "we build the strongest backpack blower in the world" race getting a little silly?
  2. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I put one on my back and it is like putting on a 4 gallon backpack sprayer and do that for all mowing customers day after day. No thanks. I will stick with my echo handheld blower.
  4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I feel the same about the 8000/8001 blowers.
    Plus wait til it's on your back!
    It certainly does not help that Redmax blowers stick way out off your back to begin with.
    It's like a counterbalancer and I'm no whimpy guy.

To me this is a matter of Brains or Braun.
    I choose Brains because I want to take care of what's left of my back.
  5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

The rest of us will gladly use the Redmax's.. I wouldn't trade my 7001 for any other blower.. Except for the 8000.. To me, the " extra weight/bulk " is more than made up in productivity.
  6. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Last fall, my brother bought a couple of 8000's and i tested one of his out. Great power! We bought 3 this spring ,and as the echo 650's and 750's die, itÂ’s all redmax blowers for us from now on!
  7. sniggly

sniggly LawnSite Member

Guys......I hate to tell you this.....but that blower is not going to cause permanent damage to your back. It ain't that heavy. Be a fighter pilot and pull 8 g's on a regular basis and then we can start talking about your disks and such. Redmax even provides a waist strap.

I mean...how long is it going to be on your back? I have one and love it. On Monday's I service 3 commercial props, one right next to the other on the same side of the street. The parking lots, tallyed together, cover roughly 26,000 square feet. I blow these things off with that blower on my back, and when I'm done I take it off my back and lift it up into it's cradle, which is chest high, and strap er down.

Truth be told I need a larger blower but am currently saving for a trip to Florence, Italy.
  8. wacamaster

wacamaster LawnSite Member
    from MI

If you can't handle a nice back pack blower.. your not cut out for the lawn business. You have to be a man and work through every condition there is. Pouring rain, 14 hour days, 100 degree weather.. and yes.. a few pounds of equipment hanging off your back for a little while.
  9. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Brawn over brains mister 21 year old. Get a few years on you and maybe the brain will win out over the brawn. :D
  10. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

21 years old or 57 years old, the sucker is heavy! But I bet it feels a lot heavier to one of you 5'8" guys than it does to me or the other 6' +++ and 200 lb. +++ dudes.