Holy Hairy Bittercress!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by wildstarblazer, Apr 5, 2014.

1. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

Has the bittercress been out of control for you in the South. I hate this weed, has to be the worst weed ever! What is the best control for this guy??

2. ETM

ETM LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

Im having break thru too but good ol 3 way will mangle it quick.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

spectacle and u see nothing

4. LawnsharkMB

LawnsharkMB LawnSite Senior Member

Yea a lot of my yards had it bad. Speedzone will knock it out pretty quick. I don't remember seeing much of it last year.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. LawnsharkMB

LawnsharkMB LawnSite Senior Member

It was weird some of my lawns didn't have it but a few were pretty bad. One lawn in fact had a perfect line around the property where the other lawns that I don't service had hairy bittercress everywhere. I used stonewall WDG for my fall pre last year and hairy bittercress isn't on the label but it seems like it prevented it in some of them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. GreenGuysLC

GreenGuysLC LawnSite Senior Member

I had it come out on a few too. It seemed to com out about two weeks after my initial three way app.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

What do you figure a half acre lot cost to apply Spectacle. $40 maybe? Cost of product, not charging customer.

8. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

it cost 11.00 an ounce. I prayed 4 oz per acre followed in 6 weeks by 3 ounce per acre. Expensive but 0 weeds. Only problem is I drive past these peoples houses that fired me in October and they are still clean as can be. The product is expensive but if they stay with you then you can make your $ back

9. Toughweed

Toughweed LawnSite Member

Have you seen any root pruning with this product?