Holy **** the grass is long here in Ohio!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MRPLOW, May 10, 2000.

1. MRPLOW

MRPLOW LawnSite Member

I've been doing lawn care for about 10 years and this is the fastest grass growing I have ever seen. Taking off 6 to 10 inches at a time with many lawns around and or over a foot of growth in one week. Is anyone else experiencing this?

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I have noticed the same thing-I think its a result of the bad drought last year+ the wicked T-storms we are getting are adding a lot of N to the rain water,fertilizing it more than we want<p>----------<br>John D<br>

3. lawnforce1

lawnforce1 LawnSite Member

Here in E. Tennessee we are mowing the tallest grass ever! We almost have to mow some accounts twice a week.

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

We have had a lot of lightning with storms in Illinois too, so the grass is growing big time here. <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

5. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

im in michigan and the grass grows so fast two days later you cant tell its been cut. Wow!!! i have never seen this before.

6. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

MR PLOW-<p>Same thing here in NE Ohio (Medina County - 25 min south of cleve.) I was thinking of trying to convince my customers to go on about a 4 day cycle while the growing season is like this. <p>Mike<br>Greenkeepers

7. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Just went to check on my guys. Its seem like we are all in the same boat. We had to double cut a couple of lawns today. I guess the grass is making up for the drought we had last year in New Jersey. The grass should start to slow down once the Temperture says consistently hot.<br>Travis<br>AG&G Lawn Maintenance

8. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

Go ahead,rub it in...<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

9. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

In Indiana its growing crazy too..Its been a real pain trying to schedule cuttings..from once a week to about every five days...Maybe this will make some of my customers go to the monthly contract instead of per cutting...

10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

You guys better enjoy it while it last. We always get an earlier start than you here in the south. But the drought usualy hits here first. The grass has about 2 weeks to live here and then we start reading its last rites. 90 degree temps and no rain combo. I saw on the news last night that we are in the same weather conditions as last year. The top weather losers disagree about the end of La nina and even if it ended today the drought will continue the rest of the summer. So there nanananana:)