Holy wind batman.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KenH, Nov 18, 2002.

1. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Tried doing cleanups today, only got 2 done. Wind was 25MPH with 40 MPH gusts. Is anyone else behind in cleanups?? Between the late fall, all the rain/wind, I will be working well into december.:rolleyes:

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Don't feel alone...we're at least a week behind with all the rain we have gotten and today's wind didn't help either.

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I feel your pain ken. I have people constantly calling me for cleanups, and i cant even get my normal customers cleaned up. I usually do all my accounts twice, and i havent even finished first round cleanups on half of them. It rains every other day and windy as can be today. I didnt even bother doing them today. Im usually done by the first week of december, but no way ill be done by then this year. I hope the snow will hold off.

4. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Wind , hell try all the rain we have had for the last couple weeks. Its near impossible to get any type of work done, atleast I got all the P. M. done on all of my equipment. So would someone please send some sunshine so I dont leave ruts in my customers lawns tomorow!

5. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

I know whatcha mean! I was tempted to have everyone just stand on one side of the yard and hold some trash bags open and just let the leaves blow into them! Its pretty bad today. But its usually not like this, so its not to bad.

Good luck yall

:cool:

6. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

To compound the problem, Im getting alot of "My family is coming in for Thanksgiving, do you think you could get to me.?"

I love the way people will moan if you come too early, yet they all want it done the day before a holiday.

7. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I have two clean-ups left, not including my own, then I am pretty much done for the season. The first part of the fall was really wet, with some occasional snows not amounting to much but it is supposed to be in the mid 60's this week so I will hopefully get them all done and get my equipment put away too.

8. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I have experienced that also. I always get to those ASAP because I'll charge at least 1.5 times more.

9. EDWARDS LAWN CARE

EDWARDS LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

fusterating ain't the word for it, if its not raining its still to wet to drive on.

so tired of it today, i took off loaded up 8 old hounds and went deer hunting or you may say playing in the mud.

10. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Ditto on the wind today. We gave up at 2:30 and went back to the shop to work on some of the equipment.

My customers are pretty good about not pestering me with people coming over for the holidays. They know we are trying to get everyone done. I usually only have a couple people call up about getting the leaves up before Thanksgiving, and try to schedule them ahead of others, especially if they are long time customers.