Holy wind batman!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KenH, Nov 13, 2003.

1. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Walked outside my door for work, turned around and walked right back in. Sustained winds of 25 to 30MPH, gusting to 60MPH....Tough to do leaves.

2. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

I did the same thing, took my kids to school came home and said heck with it to windy. its snowing now so i'll be out later salting.

3. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

Windy yes, snowing no. Lol its a nice 75 degrees here. Not natural for this time of year. Any of you fellows get tired of the snow and want some ryegrass to mow come on down.

4. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

yup not much for clean-ups today but alot of tree work now..

5. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

our pwer went out last night due to the high winds. our high today will reach 36 degrees. I still have one cleanup to do, so i'll be out there today toughing it out. brr

6. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Which do you hate more, fighting wet leaves, or fighting the wind??

7. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

both are pretty stressfull, wet leaves are the bigger headache,with the wind at least you can get it to work for you..

8. Rtom45

Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member

High winds and rain came in over night. Sustained winds here of 30-40mph with much higher gusts. Some sleety snow during the morning. Windchill of 11 degrees. Trees and many limbs down, some locations without power, and some roads closed. And to think, yesterday afternoon it was 60 degrees and mostly sunny!

9. J.Henderson

J.Henderson LawnSite Member

I live in Illinois. It took care of alot of leaf cleanups :(

10. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Wet leaves are heavier, but don't blow around as easy. I can suck em up with less blowout