Home Address on Business Card?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by echeandia, Feb 8, 2007.

1. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I going to be running my business out of my home. I am currently putting together my business card and am pondering including my address. I am not opposed to it and probably have it on there. I was just wondering what others who are home based do. Do you put your home address on your cards?

2. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I did put it on mine before I had an office. If you don't want to put it on them I would suggest getting a mail box at the UPS Store and use that address for your billing as well. You can also get a regular post office box too if you don't have an USP store in town. I don't see why you would leave your address off your card if that is the address your customers will be sending payments to.

3. hess

hess LawnSite Member

If they lose your address for bill payment it would be on your card.

4. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have my address on my card. you never know where your business card may end up. The customer will send the bill to the address on the bill IMO.
    Glenn

5. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't use my address on my cards either. And like Allure says the address will be on the customers bill!!!

6. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have my address on my bill, or my website. If they are on my website ... they are only an email away. The address is on their bill .. but this is okay because at that point they are already a customer. Putting it on your business card or the Internet is giving it to every Tom, Dick and Hairy that comes across it.

And like mentioned above ... if you don't want it on your bill (which I can understand too) ... get yourself a PO Box.

7. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Just a thought.. A card with no address gives a shady, kinda fly-by-night feel to alot of people. They look at it as "what are you trying to hide?". If you are running a legit, stand up business, then there is no reason to be hiding behind anything.

8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

I have to disagree with this to a point. In an on location service business like lawncare, I wouldn't see any need at all to have the address on a business card or other advertising. People don't bring their lawns to you to have them cut, you go to them. Now, if you have a website, even a simple one, then use that on your business card and advertising to help show that you have your **** together a little better than the guy with the Sharpie marker on scrap cardboard sign.

Keep the mailing address limited to bills you send out or estimates that need to be mailed back to you.

Now, if you have a landscaping side of the business in which you sell stuff from a store setting then yes, put that address in your stuff.

9. bigcountry01

bigcountry01 LawnSite Member

i opened a PO box at the local post office just for business use. its cheap and i only use it for business so i dont have all my business mail coming to my house...plus it looks professional on my business cards.

10. jhsmith4

jhsmith4 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

The first box of cards had my home address, but I did go to the Post Office and set up to receive my business mail there. Reason, I handed out alot of cardswith my home address and things started to go missing. So I dont want the wrong people know where I keep my equipment. I just ordered new cards last week with my P.O.Box.