Home built trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ranger350, Jan 3, 2010.

1. ranger350

ranger350 LawnSite Member

I just sold the Ranger, specs:

350 Chev
    700R4 trans
    Ford 9" rear 31 spline w. disc brakes

2. ranger350

It does have equalizers

3. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

I guess I could possibly have figured that out with your name! haha I like how you kept it looking "normal" too.

Anyways, back to trailer talk.....:weightlifter:

4. Tyler's Lawn Maintenance

Tyler's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Want/need another f620 pretty cheap? My uncle is selling a 60" with only 250 hours if you're interested. The ranger is nice!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

How much do you think you could sell that trailer for? Considering you have $5K in it for materials, That trailer is probably the best quality Ive ever seen in a trailer, and the amount of cross member supports, I bet you could put a damn tank on that thing and it wouldnt even bend!! I am a pretty good fabricator myself, but your welds look like a stack of nickles!!! Best Ive seen in awhile!!! Also, just curious how much welding wire did it take to complete that trailer? Very nice work!

6. ranger350

I crunched the numbers and its around $4500 it cost me. I was looking around and you can find similar trailers for not alot more then that, I dont know how. However most of them are built with C-channel not rectangle tubing. Not sure on how much welding wire, the bulk of the welding I was feeding off of a 1000 lb spool. I would think a good 60-80 lbs of wire.

Here some pix from today, was unloading a bunch of stuff and noticed the forklift would go up my ramps without snagging...also took down a skid with a good 2500 lbs on it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

That shop you have is great. Is that a metal type building? I wish I had a shop like that to work in. Curious what size the shop is. I really liked the trailers rear gates, never see any around here made of square tubing, most are built of angle, and flimsy as hell too, but I bet they are very heavy to left up and down, have you thought about adding a gate assist, they are so easy to build, it is senseless to buy one.

8. ranger350

Its a prefab building but its my buddies mfg shop I use whenever. The one in the first pix is 4000 sq feet, and in the last two pix is 19000.

Yea I noticed the same thing with rear gates. Thats the benefit of tubing...light and strong. They are not heavy to lift and quite strong no need for a gate assist. =They hardly even flexed with the forklift going up.

9. groundskeeperllc

groundskeeperllc LawnSite Senior Member

What an awsome trailer, your great-great grandchildren should get good use out of that one, just curious why you didn't make it a gooseneck? I wish i had the ability to do that, you really have a talent with that!

10. Donald A

Donald A LawnSite Member

Great job. You are a talented metalsmith for sure.