home depot comes through again

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AintNoFun, Apr 4, 2004.

1. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i was watching on one of the major newschannels this morning and they said home depot's in california will start having muster zones for mexican workers. this way people can get what they need at home depot and the workers to help them out if they need........

2. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

i hate home depot, and lowes is opening there new store in a month here in millville, now that you said that, i wont go there anymore!

3. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

sorry im not sure what your saying....explain.

4. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

proenterprises, i believe a muster zones are areas where mexican workers wait for people looking for cheap labor, to work for them for the day.

5. Sam-Ohio

Sam-Ohio LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

You know going down to some parking lot and picking up a total stranger [or gang of strangers], and taking them out to your home in the burbs, for day labor, is a real , real risky thing to do.

What's the difference in risk between doing that - and picking up a hitch hiker ? Only difference I see is that you are giving the stranger access to your HOME and your FAMILY - I think I'll pass !

6. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

rookie had it right. so people can now go into home d to buy whatever they need and picked up a mexican to install it on the way out...

7. DJL

DJL LawnSite Member

Why do you think they are called Home Ripoff and Blowes...

Need I say more?

8. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you guys ever worked with any of those guys? They are not all mexican and some do work hard. They just want to make a living. If you don't like it or can't trust them, then don't pick em up. Many of them are abused by landscapers. Now i admit I wouldn't leave one of them at my place or any ones place alone because obviously they don't have papers and you have no way of tracing them down if they did do something bad but most of them don't want to get deported and just want to send money home to feed their family and make a way for their families to come here also.
    Now i also know most of the scrubs are latin but there are legal ways to deal with them.
    Too many people want to bad mouth some one before getting to know them. This is America land of the free. Remember?

9. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

10. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

wow, In this area there are alot of Mexican guys but all of them are employees. Dont know of a single mexican owed landscape business around.