home depot mower question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by danielmorvant, Jun 3, 2007.

1. danielmorvant

danielmorvant LawnSite Member

home depot has a honda 21 inch mower like the hc series it list $799.00 is this mower as good as mowers at honda dealers.
  2. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

you don't get dealer support from home cheapo...
  3. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

I've noticed that the mower Home Depot sells that are also sold at one of my Dealers (Toro Personal Pace) were the same price same with snow blowers.
  4. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

They may be the same price...but dont you want dealer support??? The people at Lowes and Home Depot cant fix these things for you. Mix a can of paint--yes...fix a transmission on a Honda--no. If you're shelling out 800 bucks...spend it with a dealer.
  5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

DONT DO IT...........

Honda's are over rated....... it's a push mower for Christ sakes....

you can get 2 el cheapos, like craftsman for that price and they will last just as long, cut just as well, the only diffrance is..... YOU CAN GET PARTS ANYWHERE FOR THE CRAFTSMAN
  6. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

i'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one...honda makes a good product
  7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

YEs they do..... however for 8 to 9 hundred dollars, for a push mower is way too much.....

I have had honda mowers and they last just as long as the el cheapos with all the bells and whistles....

when it comes to 21" mowers....most of us dont use them much... "some do" But mast of us dont.... what are we talking 5 ,6,7 years.....
    the cheap mowers last this long tooo,,,,,

I have a craftsman, G-sale item, self prop. bagger, mulcher. got it for 35.00
    it's on it's 6 th year....

Granted it's almost dead.... I expect it to go any day, it's as fast as honda. it's as realiable, it will cut just as good,

The only diffrance is, I took the 750.00 dollars and put it on an Exmark 52"

it's down to personal prefance.... some prople want to drive a Rolls. some dont mind driving a chevy.....
  8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

DAmn I splle bad...........
  9. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

No way would I ever spend $700 on a 21" push mower!!!:hammerhead: :hammerhead:
  10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

get the 3 speed one for $399.....works great, ive got three of them