1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Home Depot Rental Closeouts???

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by BeautifulBlooms, Oct 6, 2006.

1. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have any input on purchasing used equipment from home Depot or any other store like that. I am looking at a lawn aerator and dethatcher and pressure washer, and possibly some of the other stuff. Wondering if anyone has any good things or bad things to say. The Bluebird aerator with 51 rentals (over 3 years time) on it is $986 instead of normally $2100 or something like that. I dont know how many hours are on the machine but I cant find it in my scope to justify a new machine. We just dont have that many accounts for lawn aeration. Bluebird Dethatcher was $450.

Any specifics about these machines or rental closeouts. Please give me your feedback.
  2. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

I bought a used Classen Slit seeder from them last year for $500.00, it had a new motor installed with one rental on it after the install. The thing looks new and runs great, saved a ton of money and I'm satisfied.