Home Depot Selling Classen

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Dec 7, 2004.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

My local Home Depot has a big laminated 3-ring binder full of equipment. Little Wonder ,Classen, Honda, and Bluebird to name a few. You can buy skid steers ($17K) and all kinds of gasoline powered equipment. None of these items are acually at the stores location. I guess basically, their just acting as a middleman for any large company that wants to sell more items.

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I saw the same thing once. I was waiting on a rental list to be printed and just started to look through the book. And your right they do have all the big names in the book.

3. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Home Depot Rental stores, inside of the Home Depot store, sells off their rental equipment every couple of monthes.

4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

One thing to consider with buying from Home Depot or Lowes is the availibility of service if the equipment breaks down. They normally have to ship the items to be repaired out to a seperate facility, thus causing a longer delay in getting back your stuff. Just food for thought.

5. illday

illday LawnSite Member

Is the catalog available online?

6. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I don't think so I think you can only see it at your local HD provided they have a rental department.

7. Mindless

Mindless LawnSite Member

bob,

Local HD rental store near me sells new Classen lawn equipment to include split-drum aerators. You won't see the equipment in their store. Equipment can only be ordered from that 3-ring binder you mentioned. Open up a HD credit card and receive 10% off of price.

8. green_man

green_man LawnSite Member
    from nj

with all the sales volume Home Depot can offer a manufacturer, sometimes they (and probably Wall-Mart and others) sell equipment that has been made specifically for Depot to meet certain specs (low price). it may not be comprable to what you can get at an independent store. DeWalt, for example.

no, I don't think Bluebird or most manufacturers are in bed w/ Depot this way, at least not today, but a Honda GC engine is not the same as a GX. my point is to make sure you check out the specs and know what you're buying...and don't be surprised when YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

9. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

How right you are.... :angry: :angry: I've been fighting with Lowes over getting my pressure washer fixed. I just purchased it a few months ago and the pump is shot already. Finally I got a repair number (under warranty) and have to drop it off at the store where I bought it. They say I'll have it back in 12 - 14 days. We shall see.......

Brian

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

A couple of years ago I used my trailer to pickup some stuff at Lowes for my sister. The trimmers and blowers were on the racks. The guy loading the stuff told me if I ever needed a new mower come see him. I told him I use ZTR's not tractors. He smiled and said I can order you just about anything you want.