Home & Garden show

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HarryD, Feb 5, 2003.

1. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

They are advertising for the local home & garden show here in my city. Was wondering if anyone on LS has rented a booth at one of these shows to push lawn care and landscaping.

I was thinking a guy could have flyers and brochures. Also have some coupons for money off services for people that were at the show. You could also have a free drawing for 1 year of free service to the winner. Have everyone fill out a card with all there info. now you have all there names and addresses you could send the people that did not win a letter telling them they didnt win. but here are some coupons for money off services.

Im thinking of going to the show this weekend I have never been to one. just wondering how many people go to these shows
  2. Casey

Casey LawnSite Member

I have been to several home and garden shows in our area. Always a ton of people, we haven't tried renting a booth yet, thought of some of the same ideas that you had. We have never seen anyone here that is involved with lawn maintenance, usually 3 or 4 landscape type of businesses but never any mow, trim, fertilize, types.
  3. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

we're going to have a both next year. a drawing would be cool but some people might take offense at the direct mail, but if you did use coupons they might be ok with that.
  4. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

I live in Omaha and there is a show this weekend. I think im gunna go check it out :)
  5. Lawn Specialties

Lawn Specialties LawnSite Member

I have a lot of experience with these shows both as an exibator and the fact that I worked in an arena for 14 years that held the "Home Lawn and Garden Show" annually. I didn't have the traffic I was hoping for but did get enough leads to pay for the booth price many times over . I will let you in on a few tricks to picking a good booth. Try not to be on Isles that will be the last seen as they walk through the show as by the time the've seen most of the show there moving faster and ready to go home. When you talk to a rep for the show don't be afraid to ask Questions like door numbers and peek times on certain days.I live in a town with a population around 90,000 with a lot of smaller tows around it and the door#s for the weekend would usually run around 12,000. Iknow some of the stuff I've said sounds dumb but there really is a science to it . If you have more questions please post again and I will answer all I can.

P.S. The show I was in sold a 10'x10' booth for $ 215.00.
  6. gkell88

gkell88 LawnSite Member

We generated practically no business doing these shows, but it does allow you to get out in public and meet people.
    These shows attract mostly "do-it-yourselfers" in my experience.
  7. JeffY

JeffY LawnSite Senior Member

I'll be going to the Omaha Home and Garden show as well. Was in it last year, the big Supertruck that was in the exhibition hall, that was our company.
  8. devildog

devildog LawnSite Senior Member
    from sc