Home & Garden Shows

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by tthomass, Feb 5, 2008.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

If you have done one.........got a picture of your setup? For curiosity, what was the pricing in your area? I'm looking at $1,700 for a 10x10.

2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Going rate in the nj/ny metro area is 1000-1300 for a 10x10.

3. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

We usually try to get with a distributor if possible because our budget isn't quite right for it.

Here's the bottom line. As long as you can afford to pay $1500-2500 for the booth, $5000 in product, and lose 2-3 guys for 3 weeks (1 wk. for setup, 1 wk. for show, 1 wk. tear down and organizing) then it will keep you busy for 6-8 weeks afterwards. But if you can't afford that, which we only can every other year, then I would look into other avenues.

4. Captains Landscape

Captains Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

What the hell are you building in a 10x10 area that takes you 7 days to put together? A model skyscraper out of SRW blocks?

5. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Eiffel tower. :)

I just got back from Cleveland show (biggest in the country)
    10x10 is $1700 with electricity. Product is free (all I want) 2 days max to build 1 to tear down. All in all was disappointed in this years show.
    I pulled out because am doing main display for another show in 6 weeks.

6. tthomass

from N. VA

Land one job and the $1700 is recovered. After material I'd be looking at $2500. Few plants and stone work......mostly pictures, logo nice and BIG, lap top going with a slide show and my beautiful face to talk to.

Few large pictures for attention.......plants: Deodora Cedar, Boxwoods, Nandina......stone work: some sort of wall......banner in the back with logo.......sounds like it will work. I think keep it simple but catches the eye and talk to people......there's about 25 landscape companies there.

1 day prep
    3 days show (33,000 people on average)
    -tear down last day

7. tthomass

from N. VA

I would also convienently have Blue all shined up with the T190 loaded and parked outside somewhere visible. As well as both Chevy's. Put on a little show outside while I'm inside.

8. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

9. AceFinish

AceFinish LawnSite Member

our area runs $700 for 10x10 sorry I don't have any pictures up right now but we normally do a patio some seat walls and outdoor kitchen and have a computer running a loop of our jobs for people to see. We also buy 4-6 booth spaces though depending on what we want to do though.

10. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, you're a little edgy...

It takes 5 days (which by my standards is a week) and we don't put ourselves in a "cell" for a booth. If we don't get 2 side by side or a 20 x 20, or we just use that budget elsewhere.

Secondly, setting up the booth doesn't end all. You have to spend time designing, printing, and prepping the promos, cards, handouts, etc.

You have to build the booth with your materials staged 1/4 mi. away in the garage (normally)

Plus, there's parking fees and meals and you should have, at the least, 3 guys in there at all times to be effective.

This will probably get some arguments, but I can only speak from our experiences in Cincinnati.