Welding will always give you fumes. Sometimes it's un-avoidable to weld galvanized or heavy metals such as stainless etc. which make the toxiticy of these fumes even worse. I've been looking at commercial fume-exhausters for a while and couldn't really find anything I thought was worth the mega-bucks they were asking for them. Looking around the shop I saw an old 'duct-fan' (new ~$ 25.-). I bought 2 lengths of aluminum flexhose, 8", like the fan (~$ 20), and put one on each end. Everyone has a bunch of electrical cords, cut the female end to wire it into a switch and the fan. I also found an old (no clue what you call these things) 'adaptor' from round duct to baseboard-vent rectangle thingy for about $5.-. Now, the door can stay closed, your shielding gas stays where it belongs, the 'nozzle' end is held in close proximity to the work with magnets and the other end goes out the door, along with the fumes. If you buy the right type hose (not the stiff one, the oversize clothes-dryer style - several layers of aluminum with nylon layers inbetween for strength, it's very flexible and nimble) the whole assembly will collapse to almost the size of the fan easily when not used. Something to try on a rainy day.