1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Home Made Plow for Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Feb 5, 2003.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I personally wouldn't't not like having ONLY 1 wheel in the front. The price is also TOO HIGH you could almost buy a plow for that price.
  3. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Great Idea but horrible price.
  4. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

looks like a great way to kill your lazer hp.
  5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

that may work well up to 3 inches of snow, but over that, i think it would be useless. i barely get enough traction pushing piles of leaves with my lazer, let alone push 3 or more inches of heavy snow. looks like its made well, and would work great for light snows, but hes definately out there fishing with that price.
  6. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

Hustler used to make a plow set up for one of there older models. we used it for walks had a cab with heat. that thing rocked. we had studded snow tires on it and it could push huge piles. wish i had a picture of it
  7. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

I modified a 4' plow to attach to my lazer hp and it works great. I have to manually set the angle but I did attach hydraulic pump and cylinder to it so I can rais and lower it from the cab. With the pump, cylinder, used plow, and steel it costs me around $650. I also bout some chains for the tires which are great. I only use it for my driveway and it has worked out great so far. I plow with over 1 foot of snow one storm. It was a little difficult but it did it.
  8. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I think ol BHB has some great ideas in theory. However, I though that e-bay was to sell items NOT take custom orders for delivery on completion of design/build??

E-bay should also adapt a speel chekar too for the "Serious Comercial Contractors" that sell there.

BHB if you have the means of producing blades such as this for your commercial and commercial/residential accts -- why are you using that erector set scrap material to design one for your wb??
  9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

kutnkru, that plow on ebay isn't mine!
    That erector set stuff is very good because you have almost infinite adjustment for a Vplow. There are holes about every 1 1/2" or so. Plus it's galvanized which is good because you can't keep paint on sliding parts like that and with all the contact with snow it would rust in no time, so galvanized is a plus as well as the convenience of it all. It's plenty strong too. Granted, I do need thicker steel for the moldboard and wings but I just haven't got around to doing it. It works as is.

Fully adjustable V - 66" width on a 52" hydro SCAG fixed deck w/b. Mounts in just a minute to the anti scalp roller bracket. Just one half inch wrench needed for one bolt, the rest is quick pins (2) and hook on the lift rope hook.

10. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I will probably re-work it this summer or sometime when things are slower. May just make a straight blade for it a little narrower. The V isn't really useful unless I had alot of sidewalks to do which I don't. Will put on a curved moldboard, maybe quick pin adjustble wings so you can have a wide plow for small snows or light snows, and wider areas, or just have a smaller width for deeper or wet snow and tighter areas. I contemplated removing the deck to put the plow on in place of the deck for more maneuverability but I don't like that idea well. Can't use sulky on larger areas, takes too much time and effort to remove deck but plow could have quick pins, and it is handy to have it this way for leaves or an unseasonal unexpected snow. Although mounting in place of the deck would be nicer for smaller areas. Well I have a while to think about it, and it works great as is. Oh I have a rubber edge on the main plow I pictured, and will have a heavier duty "poly" type edge on the new plow or revised edition. Will use a thick plastic that would scrape alittle better but still flex over bumps and cracks.