home made striper

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by extremerc76, Oct 11, 2006.

1. extremerc76

extremerc76 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

i have been looking around for a striper for my 32in red hawk w/b mower. i cant find any thing that will fit on it. i was wondering if any one has made their own striper, and how it turned out/worked. i use a sulky on my mower, so i don't know if that matters.

2. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

manay have made those on here. Use the search link. Ive made 1 for my Z.

3. extremerc76

extremerc76 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

thanks for pointing me in the right direction, i didn't realize how many people have made their own on this site. i think that i am going to go with the old mud flap style striper, have you had any experience with any homemade striper???? what type works best????

4. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

We yse the NAPA semi- truck mud flaps on our 32" inch mowers and a peice of angle iron and six bolts.try to mount the angle iron as low as you can to the ground because you will have a shorter flap which will make it sturdier. Also we cut 2 peices the same size and put them back to back for extra thickness. The mudflaps are $12.00 dollars each i think and they are around 30" by 24" inches so you have extra if you need to replace the flap after a few months. hope this helps.