Home Made Striper

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by 4 Seasons, May 19, 2007.

1. 4 Seasons

4 Seasons LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any pics of their home made striping kits? I am trying to get some ideas!!!

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

here ya go. Chain kit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The chain is 3/8", grade 43 (I think) chain. It's the cheapest grade. No need for high dollar load chain for this. The sq. tubing and threaded rod are pictured here.
    [​IMG]

Iv'e had this on my mower for about a month now and I feel that it works really well! Some skeptics will tell you that it will catch on things, ect. Iv'e had ZERO problems with that. Only issue is the jingiling sound of the chain dragging, especially on hard surfaces, lol. That the the questions from customers that spot the chains, wondering what the heck it's for.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

4. bbailey

bbailey LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

I posted pictures of mine last year under commercial mowing. Do a search under that forum and type in "my homemade striper" and you can see the pictures. It is my second year on the striper with no problems, I added a second piece of rubber to stiffen it up but other than that no problems!!!

5. johndeerefan

johndeerefan LawnSite Member

does the chain stripe kit put down nice strips? if it does I might half to make me one

6. beran34

beran34 LawnSite Member

Here is a pic of my striper, I went all out on it and used a stainless steel bar to mount the chains to, and I tig welded all of the chains on. I also put a set of rollers off of an old simplicity deck on it. I hit a tree with it the other day and bent it but it still works perfect. The stripes are perfect to!

striper.jpg

7. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

any pics of how well these kits stripe?

8. beran34

beran34 LawnSite Member

Here is a pic of my yard, The chains did a good job but when I added the roller It did a way better job!

1234.jpg

9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Now that's AWESOME!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I don't care what anyone says...these type of stripers with the chains do just as well if not better job than than the rollers do. I have the stainless steel roller striping kit (the original from York), and while it does a great job, the next time, it will be lengths of chain connected to a nice piece of angle iron that will be bolted to the mower. As far as them catchingon anything,...it just isn't happening. i DID see someones pic on here once that they just had a loop of chain raging behin. Now THIS would be easy to catch and would be exTREMEly dangerous. The cool thing about the chains is that when you back up to beds and such, it makes it look like the mower must have been right IN the bed. The stripe begins right at the bed edge. Another thing about these setups is that they are a fraction of the cost of bought striping kits.