1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Home made stripping kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by George777, May 16, 2001.

1. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Looks like it ought to work to me. :)
    You did a good job on it, let us know how it works.
  3. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Thanx Eric, I got the idea from your web site. the mounting braket can be adjusted to drag more chain on the turf.
    If I'm not mistaken I read one of your articles in turf magizine. I remember you once posted alot of tips for new guys in this forum. It was an awesome write up Eric. thanks for the info you have been providing.
  4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

looks great george. let us know how it works. i was trying to see how you mounted it to the mower. did you weld it to the bottom of the belt protectors?
  5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Thanks, I try to help out here as much as possible. I did have two posts in that thread I started, that made Turf Magazine. I figured it might help out the new guys and help them avoid some mistakes. ;)

The chains on mine drag a bit more than what you have showing, so try it at different highths.
  6. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hmmmm.what do you think eric?I think they need to drag a lil more .mine work great.

strip kit1.jpg
  7. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

think i could do this for my 6.5 hp self propelled 22" highwheel craftsman?get the heavies chain i can get? attach to rear of mower?
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Now THAT is really cool!
  9. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

The word is "STRIPE", not strip or stripping kit...........striping kit.

Looks good though................what ya gonna strip anyway, centipede? You gotta show the pictures of whatever you "strip" as we are all interested in seeing things "stripped".

I don't know how well it'll work on warm season grass so be sure and show the results.:blob3:
  10. Lee Homan

Lee Homan LawnSite Member

What happens if you back up, is there a chance that the chains will get caught up in the blades?