1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Home made trimmer rack

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rlc321, Jul 15, 2004.

1. rlc321

rlc321 LawnSite Member

Here is a trimmer rack I made and a shovel rack. I also a tool box, Gas can box and a water jug rack all out of aluminum.

trimmer rack.jpg
  2. rlc321

rlc321 LawnSite Member

Shovel- rake Rack

rake rack.jpg
  3. rlc321

rlc321 LawnSite Member

Pic of rake rack,gas can box, water jug holder.

broom-water-gas racks.jpg
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I like the shovel rake, but I am not sure about the trimmer rack. It doesn't look like it would work for all trimmer models
  5. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

Nice work, I currently have a Welder friend working on some stuff for me. He recently repaired the tailgate on my trailler becuase it was falling apart from driving my tractor on it. Now it seems like I am lifting about 800 lbs around 25 times a day. It is starting to get to me!
  6. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice work, RLC. You've done a superb job of engineering storage on your trailer.

Is there any way to keep the trimmer on top from hanging on its side? Might leak fuel that way.
  7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Looks like you're pretty handy.

My only concern with the trimmer rack (and this is only based on a small photo, so I could be wrong), but it looks like the point of contact where the trimmer shaft sits on the rack is so narrow that it will be somewhat sharp, and may wear/cut through your shafts over time.

Good luck.
  8. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

It does look nice, but I am also concerned about the contact points for the trimmers. I think it would be better for you to spread them out where the powerhead is closer to the support, so that it doesnt bounce so much. I did the same with mine and immediately moved them farther apart. Just my .02
  9. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Nice looking rig. The big tool box inside the trailer must take up a lot of space. Sometime down the road you may want to mount it outside of the rails in front of the fender. You'll be adding equipment as time goes on and trailer space becomes a top priority. At least it did for me. Good luck.
  10. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

looks good. make yourself a b/p blower rack and hedge trimmer rack and your all set.