Home-Made WB attatchments???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by A1 Grass, Oct 9, 2002.

1. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a Scag 32" WB, used. I'd like to get a bagger for it (for leaves) but it seems like I could MAKE a better one than the one that sells for $250!!

Does anyone have pics of any home-made baggers (or other cool things) that they have made?

I'd LOVE to see some ideas..

2. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

just get a Exmark bagger you wont be disappointed

3. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

A1 Grass - You probably can not even come close to making one on your own as to what you can buy one for, and besides, the one you buy will probably work better - There is something to be said about volumn manufacturing as to cost, and testing as to results. Those people that make baggers probably logged more time in testing and perfecting the product than you will do in a lifetime.

Thanks, Brad - Would invite everyone to visit the sponsor forums - They support this site:

4. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Got a striper.

Mark

lesstrip.jpg

5. Mow&Snow

Mow&Snow LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Brad, didn't u "make" the Flex-Deck With out the advantages of production and testing?

Just wondering, It struck me odd that u would offer that opinion in your situation.

Tom

6. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

Mark,

why do you have no chain behind the wheels, is that so you dont run over it when going in reverse? how well does this striper work? is their any way to raise it when not using it? i'm thinking of making one for my wb.

thanks

7. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

boycea
    see the bar where it attaches to the back of the mower looks like it flips up and the bungie is holding it from moving

8. 1grnlwn

Don,t need striping behind the wheels. The wheels do the work. Yes trial and error on backing up. It does hinge back to go over things in forward direction. See for yourself on performance.

Mark

myyard1.jpg

9. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

I could see myself banging my head on the control panel.
    Either you are short legged or riding on a sulky <sp
    I in no means mean any disrespect! But hou would you use this method without personal injury?

Just my .04

10. 1grnlwn

I am six ft ,300# and haven't tripped on it all year. The amazing thing is if you step on it it just pulls out from under your foot. Chains are smooth. Only real problem is going around pole and forgetting that that bar is hanging out the side. This could be fixed with spring break-aways.

Mark