1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Home owner installed irrigation system

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by bohiaa, Aug 3, 2010.

1. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I would agree they fail sooner and most of the stuff is crap but has anyone else noticed that the ruber cap on the orbit pgp knock off does a much better job of keeping the crap out of the allen screw?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like a re-branded MP1000 to me.

3. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

What does the lower half of the picture look like? Will it put you into orbit?

4. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

It's the same one as the Eco-Rotator sold in other (non-domestic) Hunter markets. Maybe Orbit bought the rights to it here.

5. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

It will put you in jail...ask boots.

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

So thats what boots is in for? ha, uncle pedophile.

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Fifteen'll get you twenty :(

8. bx24

bx24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA/TX

First thing is Orbit is not the best. BUT, I remember reading here that the iternals are the same as Hunter PGP.

Why do you need a rain/freeze sensor in Houston? You are not going to freeze
    (not the norm there) and I hope it is due to the high price of grey water in houston? The water sucks there.

But shound like you have a wiring issue or bad sensor issue. I know this forum is not the best on helping DIY / homeowner here.

9. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

lol @ orbit.

10. Cloud9Landscapes

Cloud9Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ca

Orbit is the most pathetic thing to happen to the irrigation manufacturing industry since king innovation auto drain valves.

BTW: Anyone remember Armstrong LTG of Los Angeles? They made dinky little spray heads that were a sort of olive green color. They were pretty common here in the 70's-80's.