Home Owners Association

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigclawnman, Jan 6, 2008.

1. bigclawnman

bigclawnman LawnSite Member

Just got hooked up into getting a chance to bid for 3 separate Home Owners Associations. Was wondering if anyone had a template that I could use in this effort. Would appreciate it. Thanks.

2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I'll jump in here just to get things started. Actually I have to attend a homeowners' association meeting this Tuesday, and their main complaint is mowing. Main reason is cuz we underpriced it & we have to rush through the job just to break even. These properties are high difficulty. Don't price them too cheap. Price = $1.10 -- $2.50 per 1000 square feet. Maybe even higher. Try to find out how long it took for the previous company to mow it if you can. Then figure man-hours & dificulty. Sorry I wasn't much help. Good luck.

3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Best bet is to figure out how long it will take you. The only way to use an exact formula on this one is if all the homes are the exact same w/ out different obstacles. Like American said, if you bid too low, you'll lose in the end.

4. SwihartServices

SwihartServices LawnSite Member

i actually have a template from one of the homeowners associations around here that they give contractors who are bidding. when i get a chance ill scan it and post it

5. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

What are you looking for exactly.

6. bigclawnman

Well I guess I should have been a little bit more informative. Basically this is really my first big job to bid on. I do have some commercial properties, but to be honest they are all like big expensive houses. All pretty simple. Something as big as this I figure that it would take me and a 3 man crew 10 hours to mow, weedeat, edge and blow the debris. Add another 20 hours per quarter to do all the hedges. Not too mention that its going to take about 100 yards of mulch per appliecation. So basically I am just looking for a professional looking format to put it all together to make the proposal look profeesional. Plus some priceing guidelines would be helpful. I am thinking of charging roughly $50 per hour. What you guys think? Appreciate the help in advance.

7. CWPacky

CWPacky LawnSite Member

i've been doning HOA for a while and this year got low balled by someone who doesn't have a clue!!! A good Prop Mgr will no a low bid because it's asking for big problems with them. bid appropriatlley and then prove yourself. show your not over extended to give them the attention they should get and show them you have the resources to get the job done efficiently and finally give them good references!!! As for bidding all HOA are different you need to figure out what your time is worth and remember your in it to make money!!!! don't give your services away. your time is way to valuable!!!

8. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Big claw

Sending you a PM:waving:

9. bigclawnman

Got it. Sent you one back in return. Thanks.