Home Owners Associations?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnboy8154, Jan 17, 2006.

1. lawnboy8154

lawnboy8154 LawnSite Member

Is it good or bad to contact the president of a certain HOA about offering your lawn care services if you have his/her E-Mail?

2. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

It would be better if you called him on the phone. You can learn a lot by his tone and attitude. Try to schmooz him and pick his brain.

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Look Him/Her in the eye.

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I don't really see how this could be bad. I mean, you don't have the job now, so what's the worst that could happen? Being a salesman is part of running a business, like it or not.

5. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Call him up or go knock on his door. All to gain and nothing to loose but a little bit of your time.

6. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Bad for you cause you wont make any money, Good for them if they hire you because that means your the lowballer:waving:

Just joking, HOA are a major PITA and are looking for the cheapest guy out there, dont bother unless you have mad employees/equipment and already service that type of customer.....

7. Hard Worker

Hard Worker LawnSite Member

What would it hurt? You'll never learn if you never try!:confused:

8. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

I agree what do you have to lose,what's the worst he could say?Just send an e-mail introducing yourself and tell him you'd be intrested in putting in a bid.

9. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Best advice is to RUN from a HOA. Too many bosses that also change all the time and too cheap in the long run.

10. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i agree with mmlawn i went through that this past nov.