1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Home owners that refuse to cut there grass

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by martyman, Jun 1, 2004.

1. martyman

martyman LawnSite Member

One special area that I do is 1/4 to 1/2 acre lots that have large nice home's but...an influx of people that have moved into the area are landed immigrants and today I met a city worker giving out 72 hour notices to cut there lawn or be fined. I can't believe that these people can afford to buy these expensive homes and just let them go to crap:rolleyes: I went to one home in April and offered to cut the grass for a reasonable cost because I had done it for them a few years before but they refused. It was getting pretty long so I decided to try again and they refused. So it was a few nights ago and finally they call and I tell them it will be $50 for the first cut and the monthly rate I raised up and they refused again:eek: So I said forget it and today I saw this old guy on there huge lot with a home owner mower trying to cut it but he looked kinda frustrated.:laugh:
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

you will probably get a call from them again
  3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I had a guy ask me today about monthly service.........................
    Cutting his lawn once a month!
    He knew by the look on my face where that was going...............

By the way,this was a newly built 200,000 home.
  4. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

tell me about it. one of my neighbors cuts his yard about 4 times a year. in hawaii the mowing season is year round so it looks horrible all year, and I have to walk past it every day. it drives me crazy!
  5. Burger

Burger LawnSite Member
    from Montana

How about the folks that BUILD a beautiful house, and leave it sorrounded by sand and weeds? I drive by THAT place everyday, and I'm thinking, lil water, lil seed, maybe some topsoil, how tough is it? apparently to tough.
  6. JDavisTexas

JDavisTexas LawnSite Member
    from DFW

The last two weeks I have had alot of people ask about mowing every two weeks. They say they will mow on the off weeks. I am beggining to wonder if i should change the name of my company to 14-Day Cuts.