Home show pond pics

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by TRBIGCREEK, Mar 26, 2008.

1. TRBIGCREEK

TRBIGCREEK LawnSite Member

Here is a picture of my pond from a recent home show we sponsered. I have three pics from this camera and several more from another, but only have these downloaded.

TR

home show 2.jpg

home show 3.jpg

2. TRBIGCREEK

Here is another that shows more of the pond

3. TRBIGCREEK

I forgot the picture and when I tried to edit the server was too busy, maybe it will work this time.

TR

4. TRBIGCREEK

Maybe I didn't forget the pic, its just not showing up.

5. TRBIGCREEK

I resized and saved the picture again so maybe it will work this time.

TR

home show 4.jpg

6. TRBIGCREEK

Its hard to believe no ones ripped this apart yet?

TR

7. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

ummm okay I'll take a stab at it:laugh:

1. seal the flagstone so it has the wet look and doesn't look so dull and dusty
    2. what is the purpose of the display, walls? patios? ponds? or all of the above? I ask because in the picture that shows the flag patio(?) and little wall with a pond at the top, not one is very interesting (stands out) put a bistro chair and table on the patio, put some plants in the pond and gold fish, light everything up and put some tulips in little pots in front of the wall
    3. take the stake out of that sad looking tree
    4. add way more plants
    5. put up some banners and signs
    6. have a flat screen slide-showing your portfolio

now that the "ripping" is over congrats at taking a stab at a home show, one of these days I would like to do one also but to do it right you really need to put some money into it, and hopefully get so good leads.

8. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

my mistake, i see some plants (liriope?) but they are all green and hard to see in the picts, try posting 800x600 so its easier to see, cut your dpi down to 72

9. TRBIGCREEK

Thanks for the input. The pics are in jpeg so they don't show that much once they're resized.

As to your suggestions: They're were over 40 plants, from cherry and otto luyken laurels, loropetalum, bonanza peach, leyland cypress, winter jasmine, liriope and a few others. The pond has fish but unless you get large fish they just stay under the waterfall. I would have loved to stain the stone but could not acid wash it like I wanted because its was indoors. To top all that off I was the sponser for the show so I had to get the other people where they were supposed to be so I was spread pretty thin. Despite all that, I ve met with 10 clients and closed 9 jobs, 5 water features, so maybe it wasn't to shabby.

TR

10. TRBIGCREEK

Here is another one, but when I resize the pic it makes it so small there's not much left to look at.

TR

home show best.jpg