Home Show

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by GroundScapesIncorporated, Mar 2, 2007.

1. GroundScapesIncorporated

GroundScapesIncorporated LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Anybody got any up to date pictures or news from their shows?

Its trade show season, so lets keep these threads alive.

I am headed out in a little bit to the priniting shop to get some cards and brouchures made.

Our show has about 11000 attendees, how many brouchures and cards would you guys have on hand?

2. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Syracuse Flower show this weekend, actually started today. Going to look around, and try to catch some of the seminars.

3. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine they claim around 20k comes thru and i do 500 cards and have left over. Remember not every one is going to stop at your booth or have interest in you.
    Mike

4. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

The booths that give something away.... EVERYONE stops at them. When I did sales, we used to give pens/ balloons, etc. to people if they'd put their name on a mailing list, so we could send them literature. Not everyone needs your services, but if you can get them to talk to you for even just a second, its a nice chance to introduce your company, or at least make them aware of your presence in the community. Sometimes while the person is writing their address, you notice you already work for their neighbor (nice conversation starter), or you know someone with the same last name... you get the idea.

5. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

That was a good point on give aways. I was working on my 06 taxes and found the receipt tonight where i gave away 350.00 worth of 4' measuring tapes last year with my name on it. I think it sucks to do this but everyone else does so you have to keep up with your neighbor. I cringe when a kid walks up and takes 2 but you have to suck it up. Go early to your print shop and find something neat but cheap. Pens are ancient to give away, find a gimmick that someone is going to use so your name dont get throwed away. Im getting ready for my 5th year at my home show last week of march.
    Mike

6. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I just finished ours it wasnt to bad. I got 50 people who actually signed up for an estimate and a ton of people took one of our post cards or business cards. I have appointments lined up for all next week we will see what pans out but I will probably be back again next year.