1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Home Weather Stations

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Richard Martin, Apr 16, 2000.

1. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Does anybody have a home weather station? I have a Radio Shack WX200 hooked up to my comp 24/7. I use it mostly to track historical weather trends and to compare previous years weather/company sales to present year. It can also be usefull to forecast my local weather since in my area a difference of 10 miles can make all the difference in the world.
  2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I have about 10 different radars from different weather web sites.I check some of those before I go to bed and when I get up in the morning. I need on of those new emergency weather boxes to wake me up in case of severe weather like a tornado etc. Also fun web sites are those storm chaser links. Plenty of pics of severe weather and stories of the days and past chases.
  3. Jason

Jason LawnSite Senior Member

When i used to farm we had a DTN setup. It had up to the minute local radar which was very helpful. Especially during spraying season.
  4. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

i look out the window, :) <p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida
  5. grasscapeinc

grasscapeinc LawnSite Member

Listen to the weatherman.....then do the the opposite :)<p>JK I have 2 links on my web site for weather, that I check in the am and at night.
  6. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

When Im in the field I tune to AM and adjust the tuner away from a strong frequency, so I can here alternator whine, then I listen for lightning static. If I hear alot I go home.<p>Radar web sites very helpful...weatherman never details the radar when giving forecast.<p>I use a Target rain guage