Homebuilt Ransomes spreader and sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by cantoo, Dec 26, 2002.

1. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I started out with a Ransomes Lyyx I picked up at a sale for Can$900 or US $550 It needed a bit of work, flat tire, a worn belt and some minor stuff. Stripped off the deck and bin cut the deck arms off and welded up my own front end.

ransomes1.jpg

2. cantoo

I used the wheels off the Ransomes and just made my own frame. 2" x 1/8" wall for the frame.

3. cantoo

I tacked everything inplace to make sure it would work before welding completely. I'm also putting on the fert spreader so I had to make sure it would fit too.

ransomes3.jpg

4. cantoo

Here the sprayer is back on. I use a dimmer switch to turn it on and off. The sprayer was originally a pull behind unit that I redid for front mount.

ransomes4.jpg

5. cantoo

I built a new tipping frame for the tank. Just have to route the wires and hoses and some paint in the Spring. Then calibrate everything again. The fert spreader is controlled by a manual foot switch to turn it on and off.

ransomes5.jpg

6. cantoo

The tank will stay on, only the fert and sprayer pieces will change.

ransomes6.jpg

7. cantoo

Here's a close up of the foot fert switch. The fewer moving parts the better and the longer things work.

ransomes7.jpg

8. cantoo

I made a rear hitch while I was at it. It has to slide ahead about 2" to be in place. Again I made it the same size as a receiver incase I want to hang something else back there someday.

ransomes8.jpg