1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

HomeDepo spreading bales for $5

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by 12Valve, Oct 9, 2009.

1. skennedy

skennedy LawnSite Member

Thanks DJ for getting the conversation back on track. Pine straw is everywhere in Georgia

2. EcoGreen Services

EcoGreen Services LawnSite Member

Excuse my ignorance, What do you use the pine straw for down south ? Mulch ?

3. skennedy

skennedy LawnSite Member

Yes sir. Look at these...

4. Brick One Lawns

Brick One Lawns LawnSite Member

get over it... i meant what I said and I said what I meant. The MEXICANS... not brazilians, hatians, guatemalans, or south americans.... MEXICANS... not americans, germans, french, or italians... MEXICANS ride around here in my locale selling bales of pinestraw for $3/bale... could there be other races that do it... sure... but here... primarily.... MEXICANS... thanks.... back on topic... you get what you pay for!!!

5. green grass lawn care

green grass lawn care LawnSite Member

dude, get over yourself. i am half MEXICAN too and i don't take offense to that he was talking about a race of people. now if he would a said wet-backs, he still woulda have been talking about the same race, that would have been derogatory, but i still would have not taken offense. i know what you are saying about the mexicans. they tear up the market here too. but i have been getting a lot of customers due to the fact that a white boy is knocking on their door and can speak english. vince

6. CapitalLawnGroup

CapitalLawnGroup LawnSite Member

Well if you are talking about the average $2 red mulch bags (2cu ft) then that is pretty good price. because double the purchase price for delivery installation is normal. and yes... VOLUME

7. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't use pine needles for anything...except azaleas. Even then the breakdown rate would not be of much use before next season...Any thoughts?

8. nc-jrock

nc-jrock LawnSite Member
    from NC

Nice avitar Brother!

9. skennedy

skennedy LawnSite Member

There are products available to help preserve the pine staw.

10. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

And if a finicky customer insists that you pick the sticks out of it you're going to be there awhile.