Homelite Backpack

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Travis Followell, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I saw a 25 cc Homelite backpack at Big Lots the other day for $97. It was factory serviced with a full warranty. I realize this is a piece of homeowner equipment but wouldn't it be worth it for $97?

2. Viseras lawn service

Viseras lawn service LawnSite Member
    from 6

That blower is a peice of garbage...

I bought one, had it for about 2 months and it then began to leak gas every where and then the gas leakage broke down the cheap GLUE that held it to the back pack part and the entire thing fell apart.

I brought it back and got a brand new one, and the same thing happened except this one would sputter and smoke at full throttle.

I then brought that one back and got an echo PB 430 which i love, it was 300 bucks but for my use around the house and fall clean up it has excellent power. It is nearly double the size of the homelite motor and wayyy more powerfull. (44 cc.)

I do not reccomend that blower, i would go and spend the extra money if possible and get a good blower, you will not regret it!

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

junk........

4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

10 years ago they were ok, but then they were $100.
    they price has remained constant becuase the quality has dropped

5. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

I got one from cummins industrial tools on the internet that was factory refurbished. It lasted me till this past spring when it kept stalling out and the carburetor froze up and broke so I had to toss it. I too paid about $100 for it i believe.

6. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Homelite trimmer but the throttle assembly fell apart.

7. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

8. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Sure...............if you feel like throwing away $97. I had one when I started 6 years ago. I THINK I got 12 hours out of it before it went tits up. :dizzy:

9. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Travis, if you want to throw 97 bucks away, I'll gladly take it off your hands..lol :D :D :D

10. xi_bowhunter

xi_bowhunter LawnSite Member

i have one that leaks too. have used it for the past 3 years on small jobs but would not recommend buying another. i would say keep the 100 and save up a couple of more and buy a much better one.