Homemade Back Pack Blower Rack

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by POWER STROKE, Jan 26, 2012.

1. POWER STROKE

POWER STROKE LawnSite Senior Member

I am about to start fabricating my own blower racks, I was wanting to get some pictures and close-ups of yours especially homeade ones as i am trying to decide on the disign for my racks. I did a search on here and came up with nothing. I was wondering the guys that built their own, If you wouldn't mine sharing any pics.

Thanks in advance

2. gibbonsballer10

gibbonsballer10 LawnSite Senior Member

Enclosed or open trailer? For my enclosed I just put some hooks over the inside walls and hand my blowers from them. Cost less than $10. Ill post some pics tomorrow.

3. POWER STROKE

POWER STROKE LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the reply. It's for an open trailer

4. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Please post anyhow...I have an enclosed.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Powerstroke, have you considered the Green Touch rack? Not to buy but to build off of as a home made rack.

6. lawn care St. Cloud  MN

lawn care St. Cloud MN LawnSite Member

I agree with the greentouch rack..Purchase a greentouch rack and you will spend a lot less time fabricating one and they work really well.

LawnXperts lawn care St. Cloud, MN

http://www.saintcloudlawncare.com

7. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Not to take away a sale for Green Touch (they are top of the line) but a lot of guys that do their own repairs use the winter months to do the repairs, rebuilds and actually fabricate things. I know I'm one to break out the welder and torches and make stuff. :) Going out and buying one is too easy. :D I was going to make one myself but figured it was a waste of time since I had the room on the trailer floor to just set it down and strap it to the floor. A couple "D" rings screwed in place, a strap and that's it. In some cases I don't even use a BP blower but lean toward the lighter handheld blower for daily use.

8. gibbonsballer10

Here are some pics of my homemade "rack" in my enclosed. The hooks cost about $3 at the most at home depot or walmart. Cheap, simple, and it works.

WP_000416.jpg

WP_000417.jpg

WP_000422.jpg

WP_000423.jpg

9. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

When all is said and done it is hard to beat the value of these BP racks IMHO. By the time you try to design and fabricate your own, material and of course your time - you end up paying more and in most cases you do not have as a superior product as these that actually product your equipment from moving during transport and of course protects it from others.

http://www.trailerracks.com/XG108.html

http://www.trailerracks.com/BA031.html

10. gibbonsballer10

$150 for a rack to hang a blower is very expensive if you ask me.
    Posted via Mobile Device