homemade masterchute?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Expert Lawns, Jul 19, 2003.

1. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Do they make a qwikchute or masterchute for a 48'' exmark lazer z? If not, how can I make one from home? Do I need to take it to a professional welder?

2. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

You can either weld it or drill holes and nut and bolt it togather.

3. I bolted my Masterchute on a 52" wb to see if it fit. it does.

I am pretty sure all the eXmarks have interchangeable cloth bagger and the Masterchute has a slotted bolt pattern so it should fit no problem.

4. Expert Lawns

let me rephrase that......a home made OCDC. easy to do? what does it consist of?

5. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine consist of a plate with a plate with a strip of steel at the bottom bent inward to redirect clippings back into the path of the blades. A hinge to swing the chute up & down.....and a rod to attach to the hinge and a mount ofcoarse to hold the rod. I made one for my Z rider...now starting on one for the walk behind & a grass catcher for a walk behind. Most likely wont finish those projects till winter due to work load.

6. Very easy to do, and consists of visiting www.masterchute.com and ordering one.

7. Expert Lawns

LGF......I went to that website. They don't make one for a 48'' from what I saw, so I made this post wondering if there were other ways to make/obtain one

8. KTNC

KTNC LawnSite Member

When the OCDC is closed, how well are the clippings dispersed? I mean does it make a "windrow?"

9. J.Henderson

J.Henderson LawnSite Member

Where's Frankenscag when you need him?

10. It will fit the 48" Wb.

Hopefully out mowing with his Exmark...