1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Homemade PROSLIDE Skid Plate

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Canadian GreenScape, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

My Proslides plastic skid plate finaly wore through on me.. Ive been driving it everywhere since the start of the season.. over walkways, driveways, gravel, roads, you name it :D It has a hole on one side that left a gouge where ever I mowed yesterday at my last job. When I got home I cut out the top of a rubbermaid storage container (24x16) and drilled the holes in it using the old plastic as a template then mounted them together with the new plastic covering the old one. I figured that would get me through today which is barely did... Soooo.. today I picked up one of those black plastic rain barrels from a friend and am going to make new heavy duty plates out of it.. I will be able to get 5 out of the one barrel so that should last me awhile ;) I dont have time to wait for one from the manutactuer and dont want to spend the USD theyre asking. Anyone else rig something up? Any ideas out there?